- The plants are ALL the same, they just look a little different.
- People wear American clothing.
- Anyone who has a car will drive to the store even if it is less that a 10 minute walk away.
- Everyone lives in a small apartment.
- People go for walks for fun.
- It is cold (60 degrees F).
My host family and city are both fantastic. My host sister calls Kirov a large village, but I would call it a city. 420,000 people is not a village. The people here are very nice once you get to know them and the food is fantastic. I am not joking. Russian food is amazing. You might not expect cabbage soup (щи) to be good, but it is.
I started Russian class at last week and regular classes this week. My regular classes are taught in all Russian so considering that I don't speak the language learning is going to be a challenge. But I am up to it. Our Russian classes are going well. I can now ask what something is and say the words cat, dog, magazine, engineer, food ect. ect.
Anywho everything is going fine in Russia.